Family is at the core of who we are – a family of God’s people and a place where families are made welcome.
We know that God has called us to be:
“A church for families and a family church.”
We want to honour God as we build up his family. Open Door gets stronger as we:
- Reach people through words and actions with the love and hope that Jesus offers
- Add people to the family of Open Door church in strong and healthy relationships as they come to know God as their Father
- Equip people to serve together with joy, full of the Holy Spirit as we impact our community and go to the nations.
We are on a journey together at Open Door. We started as a small group of 15 people in 2003, by 2014 we had grown to 130 and we feel God is calling us to become:
- A large church in the town and multiply small groups and plant new churches in Kettering and the surrounding towns of Corby, Market Harborough and Wellingborough.
- A church that expresses the love of God through acts of kindness and service in our community.
- A church where many different nationalities are represented among us.
- A church that impacts nations by the way we build locally.
As we travel this journey together we are:
- Devoted to Jesus Christ.
- Submitted to the Word of God in the Bible.
- Led by and full of God’s Holy Spirit.
- Active in communicating the message of Jesus Christ.
- Building according to a New Testament pattern and growing together as a family of God’s people.
- Welcoming to people of many differing cultures.
- Impacting nations by the way that we build locally.
The journey is just as important as the destination. How we live together, how we relate, is as important as where we are going. It’s our “culture”.
At the heart of our culture are 5 values:
- Courageous faith
- Extravagant generosity
- Joy and fun